Camp Mabry is a military installation in Austin, TX and is the headquarters of the Texas Army National Guard, the Texas Air National Guard, and the Texas State Guard.
Camp Mabry sits well inside Austin city limits, three miles northwest of downtown.
Camp Mabry was established in the early 1890s as a summer encampment of the Texas Volunteer Guard. The guardsmen chose to name the camp in honor of Woodford Haywood Mabry, adjutant general of Texas from January 1891 to May 1898. In 1909 the size of the camp was greatly increased by the addition of 200 acres that the federal government purchased for the state for use in training the national guard. Other gifts brought the size of the encampment to 400 acres by 1911.
Camp Mabry is the third-oldest active military installation in Texas behind Fort Sam Houston and Fort Bliss.
|Camp Mabry Information||512 782 5001|
|Camp Mabry IDs||512 782 5976|
|Camp Mabry PX||512 782 5120|